I’ve decided it’s time for me to get my list in writing. I turn 40 later this year and I figure that’s half of my life complete (based on U.S. census tables), so it’s time to set some goals for the latter half of my life. I see and hear about things all the time that prompt me to say to myself, “I should do that before I die!” And then I tend to forget about it.
These are the big-ticket things I’d like to do one day. Most of it is traveling, but I’ve alway felt that there’s so much of the world to see and learn about.
No, I don’t have the money or time to do a lot of these things. But that’s what I have the rest of my life for, right? And it appears that much of it is visiting stuff.
Disclaimers about this list:
- There is no timeline on most of these, except somewhat for Obergammerau
- These are presented in no particular order
- I am not suggesting I have the money to do all these things
- This list will change constantly and I will bump it periodically
Leave a comment if you think there’s something else I should try, or if you have tips about something on the list, or if you want to share your own bucket list items!
- Visit Antarctica
Visit the Grand Canyon
- Climb Mount Rainer
- Run the Marine Corps Marathon
- Do the Goofy Challenge at Disney World
- Visit Banff/Whistler
- See the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Take an African safari, hopefully with the kids
- View the polar bears in Manitoba or Norway
- Go to San Diego ComiCon
- Visit Paris
- Ski in the French Alps
- Ski in New Zealand in July
Learn to snowboard(Note: I tried to learn, twice. I’m too old for this crap). Visit Alaska, perhaps on a cruise Visit Beijing Visit Times Square on New Year’s Eve to see the ball drop
- See the Passion Play in Obergammerau, Germany in 2020. Take the kids.
- Plant a garden that will provide the sole source of produce for my family all season
See Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live.